Special S.A.P.I.EN.S issue on depollution
In a forthcoming special issue, S.A.P.I.EN.S will publish a range of articles that review recent advances at the frontiers of pollution and depollution of air, water and soil, with a particular focus on cities and brownfield regeneration. S.A.P.I.EN.S is a peer-reviewed, open access, multidisciplinary journal focused on integrating knowledge to foster advances in sustainability research and inform policy.
This call encourages a review of the state-of-the-art on any relevant topic, including, but not limited to, the following:
• Effects of pollution on ecosystems;
• Effects of pollution on health;
• Emerging pollutant and depollution needs;
• Ecotoxicology, biodegradation of toxic compounds;
• Methods for assessing, monitoring and testing levels of pollution;
• Tools and frameworks for assessing brownfield development potential;
• Technology and decision support systems for depollution;
• Financing mechanisms and policy incentives;
• Remediation and restoration: bioremediation, phytoremediation, chemical and physical treatment, site recovery;
• Industrial cleaning technologies;
• Nano-particle based depollution approaches;
• Strategic research needs and science-policy-interface;
We welcome submissions from all interested parties that conform to our guidelines:
Notes for Prospective Authors
S.A.P.I.EN.S publishes review articles (Surveys and Analyses), opinion pieces (Perspectives, Views), summaries of seminal works (Introductions) and programmes (Initiatives), explanations of methodologies (Methods), and clarifications of misunderstood terminology (Disambiguations). Please note that S.A.P.I.EN.S does not publish original research articles.
Submitted manuscripts should not be already published or under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers are refereed through a double-blind peer review process.
A full list of what we publish, instructions for authors, as well as current and past issues of S.A.P.I.EN.S are available on the S.A.P.I.EN.S website.
In the first instance, you should submit a brief synopsis of your article – i.e. an abstract accompanied by an outline, specifying the section to which you are proposing to submit your manuscript (see What We Publish).
The deadline for submissions of synopses is February 28, 2015.
Please submit synopses by email as Microsoft Word files to: firstname.lastname@example.org